Listen on: Spotify | Itunes | Soundcloud
In today’s episode of The Veterinary Business Success Show, Dr. Dave Nicol, the founder of VetX International and one of the world’s foremost experts on veterinary leadership, discusses four things a leader should be doing and why they tend not to get these things down.
If you are in a leadership role, this episode is for you.
As a leader, you have important things you need to do which aren’t clinical. This episode goes into detail about what these things are, including:
- Thinking critically
- Making decisions
Outline of this episode:
- [00:25] Dr. Dave Nicol introduces the episode and the importance of leadership.
- [02:00] Dr. Dave Nicol introduces the first of the four things which every leader must use, the first one being to ‘think’
- [03:10] The second leadership activity is introduced by Dave (decision making)
- [04:45] Dr. Dave Nicol talks about his third leadership activity – to plan
- [05:26] Dr. Dave Nicol discusses his last point – the importance of communication
- [06:19] An example of doing these strategies
- [10:03] Difference in gratification between clinical work and leadership work
- [13:02] Accepting the role of the leader and summarising the four things every leader needs
Connect with Dr. Dave Nicol: